Philanthropic Policy & Guidelines
The Hoban Family and the Coast Group of Companies has a long and proud tradition of supporting a variety of philanthropic programs. Our mission is to empower the vulnerable in our community, particularly children, and inspire the future leaders of our communities.
FOCUS AND AREAS OF GIVING include education, health, social services, civic improvement, religion, and youth programs. No grants are given to individuals or to organizations to finance debts.
GRANTS are given to nonprofit organizations with tax exempt status under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code with an emphasis on the Puget Sound Region. Our support includes charitable gifts, in-kind donations, and employee volunteerism.
TYPES OF SUPPORT:
- Capital Campaigns
- Program Development
- Applications for funding requests must fall within the Focus & Areas of Giving.
- No grants to individuals.
- Only qualifying 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations are eligible for grants.
- Applicants interested in receiving funding must complete and submit the two-page Letter of Inquiry (below). Letters of Inquiry will only be accepted between December 1 and January 31.
- Applicants will be notified by March 31 if they will be invited to submit a full application.
- Organizations will be notified of final approval or denial by March 31st.
- Grants are geographically limited to: Puget Sound Corridor, WA;
- We receive many worthy applications for limited funds, please do not telephone to ask why your project was not funded or to inquire about the status.
- Although organizations may submit one request during our funding year (Dec – Nov), we encourage in-house sustainability of programs and projects; and any grant awarded in any year does not constitute a precedent for subsequent grants.
- We will not provide any multiple-year funding.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants interested in receiving funding must complete and submit the two page Letter of Inquiry. Letters of Inquiry will only be accepted between December 1 and January 31.
Send Letter of Inquiry via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org