The Hoban Family Office (HFO) is a single family office with a direct investment mandate covering real estate, operating businesses, and private equity/angel opportunities.
Our core strategy is built to protect our capital for future generations and grow our first generation wealth through low to moderate risk co-investments and direct investments while creating opportunities for other family offices to join in investing in our sponsored real estate investment offerings through CEP Multifamily.
Integral in the story of this family’s success is the willingness to take calculated risks to build a strong business and to work with exceptional partners when needed. Recent angel and private equity investing along with a desire to diversify the family’s holdings are one of the reasons HFO was formed in 2017.
Some of the companies the family is currently invested with include:
Our investment activity can be summarized as follows:
- Core-plus multi-family real estate assets in high barrier-to-entry markets
- Operating businesses that fit into our diversified commercial real estate service company growth plans
- Modest angel/private equity opportunities with ventures that possess strong exit team advisors
- Maintain sufficient liquidity
- Shorter-term private equity opportunities
Annually, we determine our allocations and then execute a strategy to fill them.
If you are looking for a patient source of capital to buy-out a competitor or partner, exit your property management firm, co-invest with our family office, or a partner to work with on a large real estate transaction, please get in touch with us by emailing either of our founding principles, Tom Hoban or Shawn Hoban, at: email@example.com.