Our investment thesis has been honed over the past 30+ years of investing and managing a variety of real estate assets through the Pacific Northwest. The formation of the family office in 2017 allowed HFO to design a broad investment strategy that assessed the risks and opportunities of a wider spectrum of investment channels. With a deep concentration in commercial real estate, HFO has enjoyed remarkable returns over the past three decades, resulting in a portfolio of assets today that serves as the foundation of our other liquid, early stage and impact investments. Our investment thesis is based on the following:
We are a REAL ESTATE FIRST investor
- We place high value on markets with expanding and diversified job growth, particularly in technology and manufacturing industries
- We place high value on markets with high barriers to entry
- We place high value on multi-tenant commercial real estate with an emphasis on Multifamily apartment properties
- We place high value on investments with the ability to secure favorable long-term debt (10yr+) using conservative loan-to-value ratios
- We place high value on assets that produce consistent cash flow beginning in their first quarter of ownership
The Hoban Family Office (HFO) is a single family office with a direct investment mandate covering real estate, property management operating businesses, and industry-specific opportunities.
Our core strategy is built to protect our capital for future generations and grow our first generation wealth through low to moderate risk co-investments and direct investments while creating opportunities for other family offices to join in investing in our sponsored real estate investment offerings through CEP Multifamily.